02 July 2012

Getting serious about my health...

I almost titled it "Getting serious about my weight...", but really this should be more about health. If I'm honest, I just want my weight down. I want to be thin. Don't get me wrong, I also want to be healthy, but the allure of looking great in some size 8 jeans is my real motivation.

I posted, last week, that I'd gained a little over 30 pounds. boo. I'm still about 35 pounds BELOW my highest weight, but I don't want to focus on that. I want to focus on getting smaller. Getting healthier. My lowest weight since I had Anna was about 8 months ago, and I was 178.8. Not bad. When I went to the doc, it was 210 exactly. I just weighed a few minutes ago, and it was 208.6.

I've been giving weight loss a half hearted effort, and it's time to stop it. To give it my all. That's why I posted my weight for all of you to see. I will post some pictures tonight or tomorrow. I really don't want to. REALLY DON'T. But, my kids also don't want to clean up after themselves, and I make them do it, because it's good for them (and because I really hate picking up after them, but that's a WHOLE other blog entry). In the end, this will be good for me.

My own little rules...

-No gluten. Celiac disease was ruled out, but I know it isn't helping. Whenever I indulge, my stomach cramps (like right now, because I ate a few stupid cookies in the middle of the night), and I swell all over.

-Limited dairy. The more I read, the more I realize that dairy really isn't great for you. I will still enjoy some really good cheese every now and then, and I will still have a bit of half and half in my coffee, but I'm limiting it.

-1600 calories a day. This may be changed. Haven't decided if I need to lower it or not. I sort of miss the formula with Weight Watchers and their Points system. I would go back, but I'm not a fan of the Points Plus system. I get it, and it's very smart. I just can't be told that fruits and most veggies are zero point foods and be trusted. Nope. I need limits.

-96oz of water a day, minimum.

-If you nibble it, scribble it... If you bite it, write it... LOG EVERYTHING. I realize that some people can just eat more healthfully, but I have to account for it. I could eat 3000 calories per day with only whole proteins, veggies and fruits. Yep. 

I think that's it. I'd make a rule about so many veggie servings per day, but I have no problem with that. I adore all edible plant life.

With the exception of the photo, I've put it all out there. I plan on writing multiple times per week on my triumphs, and more importantly, my missteps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I've recommitted this week as well to get my last 40 off and get this DONE.

Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Thank you! It's gonna be a lot of hard work (what isn't?), but it'll be so worth it. I wish you the best!

Youngladyloo said...

Congratulations Jenn! I know you can accomplish anything you set your mind to!!! I'm here cheering you on!!