06 April 2010

Between the Lions


Has anyone ever watched this show? It's not as big as Dora or Diego, but I love it. It's been around for quite a while (well, in kid show years)... I think it's been airing since the late 90s. to be honest, I'm not sure it's still running (new shows, anyway), though I know some PBS stations still carry it.

I have watched more Between the Lions this week (we checked out all of Season 1 from the library) than I ever care to, but I'm still not terribly tired of it. It doesn't seem to talk down to kids, and it even has some small bits of humor for the parents. I will admit that I giggle every time I see Dr. Ruth Westheimer on the show as Dr. Ruth Wordheimer. They also have some adult giggleworthy spots titled "Gawain's World" and "Chicken Jane", which are obvious parodies. Still great.

My husband, however, seems to find way more adult humor in it than I do (the perv! *snicker*), and says it would be even funnier if he were to take up some good drugs. omg. Gotta love him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lies. All lies.