12 May 2009

Losing It...

Have you had one of those moments where you simply had to remove yourself from everything and just cry? Not just a weeping sort of cry, but a loud, animated, and ugly cry? Yep, I had one of those tonight.

The day started off with great intentions. There are a couple of discount theaters that run a special on Tuesdays. $.50 admission all day. Score. I can be frugal, and we can have a little day out. It kept getting put off, because nobody would put away their things. (Hint: It wasn't Mommy.) Fine. I let them know that if it's not picked up, that we don't get to go to the movies, and we will especially not have time to go to the park. I feel the frustration, but I keep it to myself. The little ones will just have to suffer natural consequences. However, not only are they not picking their things up, they are creating messes all around. It's that whole analogy where cleaning up after children is like shoveling show during a blizzard. Yep. Felt like that.

So, we go... Not to the movies, but to go to Allison's Dance Team meeting. Things actually went fairly well there. Then to Kroger to pick up a couple items. Oh, and we were going to go to the movies then, but we were late for the time when I thought Coraline would show. However, I looked at the listings on my phone, and it said they weren't showing it. GAH! I just looked last freakin' night!!!

We get home, and I make dinner. It seems as if things are getting spilled left and right, and little ones are playing at the table more than they are eating at the table. Then comes the speech that if they want to play, that's fine. However, they have to get out of the kitchen. They eat. Slowly but surely, the playing starts again. Mind you, this isn't just having a little fun and giggling. I'm not so strict that I don't allow fun. I just don't allow a bunch of physical play during meal time. Mean mom, I know. I clean up the messes, and then yogurt is dropped, flinging everywhere. Really? REALLY? Alright guys. I tell them to brush their teeth, and that it's time to wind down in their room. I ask the husband type person to help them, because they're not waiting on him. He is trying to get to a stopping point on Final Fantasy... omg. So, I get the teenager type person in there. (Child labor rules, by the way!) Husband says that he was on his way in there, and I just said it wasn't a problem. (He's had one of those days too... He's a good dad, but needed some wind down time.)

This all comes to a head, and I just had to go to our garage. I didn't want a spectacle, and I wanted to be alone. I mastered the ugly cry while I was in there. It was a sight, I'm tellin' ya. I came in, and Hank (the aforementioned Husband) asks what's wrong. Oh crap... Here comes the ugly cry again... "I'm just... It's just... I'm just frustrated!!!! I can't seem to get anything done!!!"

Smartypants (again, the aforementioned Husband) says, "Well, at least you're not pregnant, because it sure sounds like you're PMSing and getting ready to start!" Whuh? He was hugging me and rubbing my head, so I'm sure this was an attempt to be sweet, but um... No. But, I was still too far into the ugly cry to really get mad, and he had good enough intentions. What was that road to hell paved with again?

OOOOH! And just to make the night even MORE fabulous, my littlest one, Dear Ezra, was mad and decided to pee on the floor. ON.FREAKIN.PURPOSE. I mean, he pulled his undies off in the room. Are you kidding!?!?!?! Well, I'm really glad I got that little steam spot cleaner thingie. *sigh*

Now I'm debating if I want to veg out in front of the laptop a little more or clean. At least if I clean, I'll actually accomplish something now that everyone's in bed! I'll report back tomorrow. I know you'll be anxiously waiting.

3 comments:

Katrina @ Bookish Things said...

Hugs mama. Sounds like you had a rough night. I hope today is much better!

Dina said...

big hugs mama - I can relate!!! I have had those big ugly cries more times than I can count - but it does help. Hope today is a better day :)

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies... I feel MUCH better today. I got some sleep, and nobody is awake yet! WOOT!