24 March 2010

A promised update...

I weighed in last night. 2.4 down in my first week. Not bad. That brings me to 196.6. It also tells me that my scale is pretty much on par with theirs. Mine waivered between 196.6 and 196.4 right before I left (wearing the same clothes I would weigh in wearing).

I will admit that I expected to lose a little more, but really 2.4 is great. The whole line about how this is a marathon, not a sprint... That's what this is, right?

It still feels good just to get back to the meetings. I like the routine.

One thing I have found out, however, is that I don't need an open bag of Kettle brand potato chips (or any other brand, for that matter) sitting in my pantry. I attacked them in the middle of the night. I threw the rest away this morning. My inner cheapskate was screaming at me that I was wasting them, but I didn't want to take the chance of EATING them. And they were free anyway. There's my justification! DING DING!

2 comments:

Issysmommy said...

Oh, I totally laughed about the "inner cheapskate". My inner cheapskate and my healthy choices always seem to contradict each other all the time. I can't even eat at a buffet anymore, I totally struggle with the distorted idea that I have to finish my whole serving or plate, and throwing away food...good food, not spoiled food is a true victory whenever I can do it. Now, some ways I've been able to slowly combine those two crazy thoughts are I like ordering the kids portion when able to (cheaper and more appropriately sized), I can give my left over portions to my daughter when I am full, and trying to get half my meal wrapped for take out before I even start. Anyways...all that to say...I soooo relate.

Unknown said...

I order the kids' meals sometimes, also.

The last time I "splurged" on a regular meal, it was 700 calories. omg. It's just not worth it.