22 March 2010

Back in the Game...

I signed up for Weight Watchers again last week. My first weigh in was on Tuesday, and I was 199. Ugh. Just a hair less than 12 pounds up from where I left off. No bueno. But, there's no use in worrying about that (though I often moan and groan about it), because it's time for me to kick some butt. I've been eating pretty clean this week, but if I'm to be honest, it's not with the same dedication and fervor as I started out with last year. I need to get that back. I am getting it back slowly, it seems. I still have my issues with eating in the middle of the night, and I just make sure to record it the best I can and go about my day. Hey, I lost over 50 pounds doing that very same thing last year, right? I can do this again. I will do this again.

That makes it so that I have 39 pounds to lose before I'm at my ultimate goal. I might re-evaluate when I get closer. I know that I will be on the upper end of the healthy BMI levels. My lowest weight ever was 169, and I was in a size 8, yet still considered slightly overweight. (The chart says my highest weight should be 164, I think.) I suppose I really shouldn't even worry about that chart either. There are pro athletes who look FABULOUS who are considered overweight and even obese, because of their extreme muscle mass.

There's a slight wrench thrown in this time around. I also have to think about my husband. (Not that I didn't before, of course.) He feels best when he follows a low carb way of eating. My challenge is that I refuse to make two meals a night, but I want it to be satisfying to both of us. Luckily, he's not picky. Sometimes our dinners consist of soups and salads (which are easy to cater to either way of eating...), and sometimes it's something simple like grilled chicken or beef and a veggie. Goodness knows I don't need any grains. I just like them. LOL!

Tomorrow is my next weigh in, and I will come in here to post. Good or bad. Hopefully good. We shall see. :)

No comments: