26 December 2007

Family...

Well, Christmas was a little disorganized... I found (too late) that my family has decided to get together this next weekend for Spaghetti Dinner to celebrate Christmas. I'm only upset, because I don't know if we'll have the money to travel down there. The gas will kill me. LOL! I will try though. I have 3/4 of a tank of gas right now. It takes right at a tank of gas to get there and back. But I wanna go back. I got to see my cousin Stacy, and it's been way too long. I also got to meet her newest little boy Zacchary. He's a cutie pie. I looked at pictures of Taylor too (her niece, my late cousin Kim's daughter), and it is eerie how much she looks like Kim. There's even a picture where she has her hair pulled back, and her bangs make it look like she has a Dorothy Hamilton haircut. Kim used to have the Dorothy Hamilton 'do, but called it "The Dorky Camel"... ROFL! I need to spend more time with Stacy. She, Kim and I grew up together, and when I talked with her, it was like no time had passed.

It's also painful looking at Kay (her mom... My aunt). Not in the way you'd think. She looks very healthy, and I've heard that they're done with the chemo and radiation and surgery. It's just the reality of seeing her in her wig. Seeing it, and knowing that she went through all of that, and I didn't do anything to try to stay in contact. I suck. I let my selfish anxieties about being with mom's side of the family get to me too much. You're supposed to be able to push those aside when someone needs you. I don't know if she needed ME, but I can only imagine that you need any sort of support you can get. I mean, she was diagnosed with breast cancer less than a year after her daughter committed suicide. Gosh, less than 6 months after, if I remember correctly.

Either way... The point is that I'm going to try my darnedest to get down there. Plus, Devon left his MP3 charger and hat over at Stacy's, so I'll just HAVE to go.

No comments: