23 December 2007

Sunday Night Ponderings





A few things on my mind today...

I went to Youth Group with Allison tonight, and we watched The Nativity Story. It was the second time I've seen it (the first being last year when it came out... Also with the Youth Group), and it was just as powerful for me. I cried a good bit. I think if someone asked me if I could interview anyone, alive or dead, I might want to talk to Mary. I can't imagine being in her shoes.

On to other things at Youth Group... There's someone there, and I get the feeling they don't like me. I really shouldn't worry about it, but I always want everyone to like me. Big fault. They aren't rude, and they're very cordial, so I don't have anything bad to say about them... I just feel like now I go out of my way to make conversation and get them to like me. How silly is that? If you like me, you like me, and if you don't, then I shouldn't worry about it, right? *sigh* I guess I just let things bother me too much.

SPEAKING OF WHICH... Lately, I get way too caught up with the stresses of this season, rather than the reason we celebrate it in the first place. I'm worried that Allison and Devon won't like what they got. I literally spend hours on the internet and in stores fretting over what to get them. I worry about money. We're okay on money, but I still freak out over spending it. I'm worried that the gifts the kids made will be seen as cheesy. And I shouldn't worry about all these silly things. I've been heck to be around this week because of it, too.

Oh, and I want to spend Christmas Eve here, so that I can go to the evening services at church. But I want to spend Christmas with my family. I can't have it both ways, and I know that. GAH!!!

No comments: