24 January 2010

Excuses, excuses...

Yes... Again, I've been gone for a while. I swear it wasn't because life was too harried, or that I drowned in a vat of Haggen Daaz (sic) Five Coffee ice cream. I swear. I have a really good reason. I just can't tell all of you about it for a couple of weeks. (I know I have so many readers that you're all going to be biting your nails until I reveal, right?)

I've also taken a break from Weight Watchers. I love the lifestyle, but right now I'm good where I'm at. I want to focus more on fitness than the scale, though I did buy a scale, and I'm keeping track. I really just want to stay the same for a while. I'm okay being a size 12. I like me. My husband thinks I'm super sexy, and is there anyone else I'm really trying to impress in that arena?

The big thing is that I'm not constantly worried about my weight or what I'm eating. I foul up sometimes. I might eat way too much junk one day. However, I've really started to get in touch with how I feel afterward, and it's not a good thing. I've learned that feeling good is more important than overloading on junk.

I had started becoming obsessed on weigh in days. It wasn't the fault of Weight Watchers, it was me. I became so focused on seeing a lower number that I was not eating anything those days, and I was even refraining from drinking liquids a few hours before weigh in, with the exception of a strong coffee... That's not good. I'll go back when I'm ready.

No comments: